Hotel & Restaurant Jöckel – tradition since 1896
Since 1896 the property of Hotel-Restaurant Jöckel is in possession of the family. From 1896 to 1929 the main house was a shop for haberdashery and colonial goods. The shop was first led by Heinrich Jöckel and later by his son Friedrich and his wife Margarethe. In 1929 they decided to reconstruct it into a private boarding house. Even at that time the cooking was the priority and a mainstay of the house, done by Margarethe Jöckel. In 1956 Ernst Jöckel and his wife Elly took over the management. As a result of the business boom, further structural changes were needed to be created.
In 1969 the construction of a larger dining room took place as well as the construction of guest rooms, indoor pool and sauna. At 1991, while Karl Jöckel, a trained chef who led the guest house in the fourth generation, a new house was built opposite the main house, with five double rooms, a bowling alley and guest garages. Because of that, our family owns a hotel and restaurant complex with more than 50 overnight accommodation possibilities by now. Nowadays Karl Jöckel and his son Stephan Jöckel, who is also a skilled cook and hotel manager, are happy to provide sustenance for their guests. The extensive menu pleases all tastes.
Without a doubt our specialties are german heath dishes. Not to mention the good service, which also extends to festivities, meetings and a party-service. The family has taken a new challenge with the opening of a new cafe and bistro with five holiday apartments directly on the lake. Since April 2000 our guests can enjoy cakes, pies and small dishes from the "Jöckelküche". And we offer more than 20 overnights accommodations here, too!
In 2002 the party service got extended by the takeover of kitchenware which could equip events for up to 600 people at that time. In 2003 the crockery rental was expanded to a maximum size of 3.000 people relative to the very high demand! In 2004 an event- and fair-service with kitchen appliances, chairs, tables, party tents and much more was added. The mobile rinsing vehicles of the city of Lauterbach and Alsfeld were taken over additionally! In May 2005 the Gastro and Event Service "G + V Rent" was founded. Today it is able to furnish events of any kind up to 5.000 persons. It can also be equipped with mobile kitchens, snack bars of various sizes, dishwashing machines, refrigerated trailers, toilet containers and more. In 2006 the entire exterior of the main building got changed, a terrace and 50 outside seats were added and an entire floor was completely renovated! In January 2007 the wellness area was renovated due to the accession to a SPA hotel group. The house was equipped with infrared cabins, whirlpool, massage- and fitness-room, etc. At the same time the large event room was completely redone for events and extended to 120 seats!
2008 new appliances were installed in the kitchen, all rooms of the main house were renovated, baths were redesigned, rooms were equipped with Wi-Fi and new flat screen TV sets. In the “See-Café” a winter garden with almost 40 seats was built and the terrace got redesigned! The “Ferienhaus Vulkan” was newly added: Up to 15 People can spend the night in two apartments with almost 160 square metres. All over the year, the “Freizeitpark Vulkan” (theme park Volcano) was planned including minigolf, a petting zoo, holiday houses and more. The construction started in 2009.
Go and visit www.freizeitpark-vulkan.de!
The construction of the leisure facility has been progressing rapidly in 2010. The “Vulkanscheune” for up to 250 persons was erected and put into operation immediately. The modelmaking-land was built in cooperation with modelmaking-enterprises. 2010 was also the year, the hotel was awarded with three stars by Dehoga (German Hotel & Catering Association). In 2011 the construction of the park progressed, roads and parking lots were fixed, to become paved to accommodate wheelchair users too! In 2012 "G + V Rent" -service expanded again, a complete dishware rental was taken over! The construction of the beach club (including a sandy shore and more) began in 2012.
In 2013 we began to erect holiday homes at “Freizeitpark Vulkan”, which were finished the following year. At the end of 2013 the planning of the “Vulkanhalle” (1.200 square metres) began. That planning until now is pretty complex, because of more than 55 responsible institutions which have to give permission (the area resides nearby a conservation area). We hope to start the construction soon!
In 2014, the “Zierhaus” in the middle of Nieder-Moos was taken under monument protection and converted into six simple apartments for fitters!
In 2015 again all guest rooms near the counter area in the main house were redesigned and the complete balcony area was renewed. Furthermore, a Pit-Pat-facility was built in the leisure park. 2016 more houses were built in the area and for 2017 we hope that the construction of the “Vulkanhalle” can be started!